Productive Tips For Your Planner

So, you made a New Year's resolution to keep up with a planner this year? To stay on top of things? To stay organized and productive? To finally start that journal?


It's the middle of February.....how are those plans going? If you're anything like me, you start the year with these grand ideas and ambitions, but before long these grand ideas have come to a complete stop. Why? Not because we're lacking in ideas, but because it becomes too boring and unappealing.

You don't have to go crazy decorating your planner and journal, like I do (but hey, it's kept me organized and on time, cuz it's so darn pretty). Here are some tips that may help you keep your resolution of using your planner.

Make your planner multi-functional- make it your "home place" where you list everything from your appointments, goals, birthdays, holidays, chores, etc. You can combine your journal into your planner, as well, and record memories, recipes, food diary, or any emotions you went through that day.

Make it pretty- so it's a pleasure or a joy to use. Yours doesn't have to go to the extreme that mine does, but even a pretty cover or a few stickers or using different colored pens can make it more visually appealing and make you more likely to use it.

Make your planner with checklists- if you look at my planner, you'll see little hearts or squares next to what I need to get done. This means I have to actually use my planner, to check off a box, every time I complete a task. This little task is a big motivator to use your planner.

Make a dreamboard- inside your planner.  Attach pictures, goals for the year, and dreams to reach for. This is a visual reminder to stay motivated and keep reaching for those goals and dreams.

Plan one week at a time- Don't sit down and try to plan a whole year at one time. It won't work. Dates change, you'll get burnt out; and discouraged. I set aside one hour, every Sunday, to plan and decorate my planner for the upcoming week. Decorating, writing plans, goals, and menus gets me visually and mentally prepared for the next week. It makes me excited to reach those goals and check those boxes.


Find the system of planning that works for you. To keep you coming back to your planner to prepare for another week. You may use one idea or several, but make it a pleasure-both visually and mentally-and you'll love using your planner.


I've included links to some of my favorite Etsy shops. They offer great items for planners and journals! They are easy to work with, they have fast shipping, and I really enjoy their products! Give them a peek!

https://m.facebook.com/PinkLimeadeDesigns/

http://etsy.me/2nQCrMR

http://etsy.me/2Ei9t2L






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMAZON Christmas Gifts!

How To Save Money While Shopping!