5 Must Have Skincare Products!

As we leap gracefully into our middle years, our skin may be dragging and kicking behind us-leaving us to figure out all the changes in our skin. Where we were once oily, we are now dry. Where we were once smooth and clear, we now may have hyperpigmentation or even milia. How did this happen??! As we try to figure out our every changing skin needs, I am here to share 5 of my ride or die skincare products that you may want to try. I used to have an oily t-zone, never much acne, but rosacea and oiliness. Now, my skin is dry and dehydrated (2 different things) and I have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks; and even with the dryness-I still have oily spots on my forehead and chin. Oi vey!

I absolutely, definitely, always double cleanse my face at night. That is so important in removing every ounce of the makeup I've worn throughout the day.  After using micellar water, my tried and true facial cleanser is First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Facial Cleanser. It's very creamy and hydrating and it cleanses my skin without stripping the skin or leaving that "too tight" feeling. It's infused with a blend of botanical antioxidants and it's wonderful for sensitive skin.

I am obsessed (small problem) with face masks, whether they are sheet masks or exfoliating or hydrating masks. My must have is Fresh Rose Face Mask. I didn't think I was going to like this mask, at first, as it has a definite strong rose smell. After one use, I was smitten! It's infused with actual rose petals and it hydrates and soothes the skin. I apply it after cleansing and leave it on for 10-15 minutes and gently rinse away.  It's the only mask I've ever used that leaves my skin with that "ahhhh" feeling. It takes away the stress of your skin and leaves it so hydrated. You definitely must give it a try!

After toning (Pixi Glow Tonic), I have recently fallen in love with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5. We know hyaluronic acid is good for our skin and The Ordinary is free of sulphates, parabens, mineral oil, coal tar dye, mercury;  as well as not tested on animals. They are good products at an extremely low price. Just a few drops, morning and night, will change your skin for the better. Apply this before your face creams

The last two products I want to share with you are from Drunk Elephant. TLC Framboos Glycolic Night you is a 12% AHA/BHA serum that refines and retextures your skin and leaves it more radiant and smooth. It contains aloe and alpha hydroxy and all Drunk Elephant products are clean and have no "suspicious 6" products in them. You quickly see a difference with this serum. Just a few drops (I use morning and night) goes a long way. LaLa Retro Whipped Cream is a heavy night cream that doesn't leave your skin greasy or saturated with product. It soaks quickly into your skin leaving it feeling very hydrated and light.  It contains 6 rare African oils and delivers continued moisture throughout the day/night. This product has made my skin remarkably softer and more hydrated. In surveys, 99% of users reported softer, smoother, and more hydrated skin.  Sephora happily gives samples of this and any other product, if you've not had a chance to try any Drunk Elephant products.

I do want to mention 2 honorable mention face masks as they are amazing as well, depending on your skin needs.  Glam Glow Youth Mud is a tingling, exfoliating treatment mask that really cleans every bit of gunk out of your skin as well as exfoliates the skin, leaving behind a clean, smooth face. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is a K-Beauty delight! It's light textured, gel-like consistency glides over the skin and soaks in quickly.  It deeply hydrates fatiqued tired skin and is infused with aromatic essences to ease and relax your mind and skin; as well as containing sleep water to restore clarity and vitality to the skin. I apply this a few times a week, as a last step in my nighttime routine, and the next morning my skin feels very soft, smooth, and hydrated.
Have you tried any of these products for your skin? What are some of your favorite skincare products? I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time....😊💜



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMAZON Christmas Gifts!

Autism and Tourettes