"MIDLIFE IS AN UNRAVELING....."

Good Monday everyone! I thought I'd check in and see if you are enjoying reading "The Gifts Of Imperfection", by Brené Brown.  I have been busier than a cranberry merchant, so I haven't finished it yet, but I am loving it and highlighting quotes as I go. It is definitely a book for everyone, no matter where you are in your life.

"People may call what happens at midlife 'a crisis', but it's not. It's an unraveling--a time when you feel a desperate pull to live the life you want to live, not the one you're 'supposed' to live. The unraveling is a time when you are challenged by the universe to let go of who you think you are supposed to be and to embrace who you are." -preface xii and xiii.

This one sentence is moving to me. I read it over and over again...This is how I've been feeling, but unable to put in the correct words. As my kids have grown, my "supposed" to is almost over. I am filled with an almost breath of air that is like a chance to live how I want. How liberating! This simple statement is a life changer. Please don't get me wrong, my kids are my heart and soul and there is nothing I wouldn't do for them. There is a sadness, but I am proud they are able to stand on their own. I am always here for them.



What about you? What has been your "eye-opening" or "life-changing" moment, when you knew it was now your chance to start again, doing new things that you want to do?  Maybe it was something small, like taking a cooking class? Or a new yoga class? Small steps can lead to life-changing ones.

Please leave your comments below and subscribe to my blog! 😊💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMAZON Christmas Gifts!

How To Save Money While Shopping!

Autism and Tourettes