THE GIFTS OF IMPERFECTION....

I'm home waiting for the snowstorm to hit and thought it'd be a good time to start the book club. I've wanted to start a book club for a while now, and thought it'd be a great way to get to know some of you and share our thoughts on specific books.



The book I thought we'd start with is "The Gifts Of Imperfection" by Brené Brown. This is about embracing who you really are, not who you think you should be or who the media tells us we should be. How many of us have become lost in trying to be perfect or trying to be the person that our boss or spouse or kids or society thinks we should be, that we've lost sight of the person we really are and like? 

After my divorce, I felt like this. Trying to remember who I used to be, when I liked myself, and wondering how to get back to being that person. Or sometimes, in midlife, we find ourselves with more time on our hands, as the kids need us less or we retire or we are no longer married, and we have time to really think about who we are now.

I hope you read this book with me and lets share our thoughts or comments together. Let's get crackin....😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism and Tourettes

AMAZON Christmas Gifts!

How To Save Money While Shopping!